The 2020 Challenge
- Every 20 minutes, look 20 metres away for 20 seconds. This rests your eyes.
- Sit up in your chair, cross your arms across your chest, engage your core (pull your tummy in) and rotate left and right from the waist. Keep your bottom still. Breath in time with what you’re doing. Repeat 20 times.
- Sit with your elbows at 90 degrees and tucked into your ribs as if holding a tray in front of you. Keeping the elbows tucked in open your arms rotating your hands outwards stretching the muscles across your chest. Breath in time with what you’re doing. Repeat 20 times.
- Get up and fetch a glass of water.
- Lift your arms over your head and extend your upper back. Hold for 20 seconds.
- Stand up and sit down without using your hands to help. Squeeze your gluteals to push yourself up. Repeat 20 times.
Fitness with Ben Green
TCES Group’s Wellbeing Coach, Ben Green, has an entire YouTube channel of exercises and recipes to help you keep fit, with extra videos on topics such as mindfulness. Visit the full channel here.
Remember to schedule in regular breaks during the day
You’d do this naturally in the office by going out or joining colleagues in the staff room at lunchtime, or having a chat to a colleague in the kitchen etc, so don’t feel that you can’t leave your laptop every now and then. Your eyes in particular will thank you for doing so!
5 Simple Stretches You Should Be Doing Every Day While Working From Home
Has your coronavirus work policy left you with neck ache? Here’s how to counteract it. Read in HuffPost UK.