At TCES Group, we keep our TCES Group Five-Part Curriculum as close to the national curriculum as possible, all the while considering our pupils’ difficulties in accessing education and making progress.
Find out more about the five parts to our curriculum.
Our core curriculum subjects for KS2-5 are:
In addition to these, we have offsite activities, enrichment, key working and therapy sessions (this is not an exhaustive list).
Schools often have individual, timetabled Arts subjects and also run Arts and Humanities weeks every term across the school.
The curriculum addresses the difficulties that have caused pupils to be referred to us; it promotes, assesses and recognises each child’s learning and offers opportunities and experiences that will enable them to meet the challenges of adult life. It also promotes the values of caring for others, setting clear boundaries with explicit consequences and operates in a fair and consistent manner.
Finally, it gives all pupils “experience in linguistic, mathematical, scientific, technological, human and social, physical and aesthetic creative education” as required by The Education (Independent School Standards) (England) Regulations 2003.
Our curriculum aims to:
- Address the many disadvantages and disruptions of their education that most pupils have experienced
- Be differentiated in order to enable all pupils to progress, achieve and to have their achievement accredited
- Enable our pupils to enjoy their education, use their talents, have experiences that challenge and are fun and share all these achievements or accreditations with their parents and carers
- Provide experiences across all areas of the curriculum through thematic weeks, incorporating Arts and Humanities
- Be supportive with a therapeutic curriculum that will promote resilience, restorative justice, profile pupils in relation to relationships, classroom behaviour, acceptance of authority, emotional control and growth, self-esteem, self-responsibility and task orientation
- Work in partnership with parents and carers to assist each pupil.
Our Curriculum Group
This is responsible for the TCES Group Curriculum Policy. Formed of Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teachers and key teaching staff including all subject leads across the company, the group meets termly to assess the current curriculum being offered and to discuss any changes that may need to be made.