Company History and Timeline
• Parent Company, Transitional Care Ltd, was created in 1999.
• TCES Group was created in 2000 to respond to Local Authority (LA) requests to provide one to one education packages for excluded and non-attending pupils.
• TCES Group launches a range of alternative education group projects in 2001 following the success of our one to one provisions.
• TCES Group was commissioned from 2002 to 2004 to run a variety of alternative education group projects in the following Local Authorities (LA’s): Barking & Dagenham, Hammersmith and Fulham, Brent, Richmond upon Thames, Hertfordshire and Merton. This list is not exhaustive.
• TCES Group won a 5-year national tender contract with Essex County Council to deliver alternative education to 40 SEMH statemented and/or ‘Looked After Children’ across the county. The contract started in January 2006.
• TCES Group registered the Essex alternative education project for the above 40 pupils as an Independent Special Day School from 8th January 2007. On 28th October 2008, we were inspected by Essex County Council on behalf of the East Midland Regional Partnership and we received an excellent report. Additionally, on 6th December 2007 we were inspected by OFSTED and our Essex Fresh Start Independent School received a ‘Good’ with outstanding features report from OFSTED. We are in the process of expanding this school to take referrals from other Local Authorities and County Councils for September 2008.
• TCES Group opened a new Independent Day School for SEMH pupils in North West London in September 2008 and are accepting spot and block purchase referrals from neighbouring Local Authorities.
• In more recent years, TCES Group opened East London Independent School, which operates from two sites at Custom House and Stratford Marsh, plus our Create Service. The Create Service is a parallel service to our independent day schools. It delivers therapeutic education, assessment and monitoring for pupils who are not able to engage with and succeed in formal small group learning environments. Create Service is divided into Create London and Create Essex. The former is situated in ‘Hubs’ across two sites at Romford and Barking, and the latter at Witham in Essex.